Austyn & Kenzie Harris
Ambassadors | Arizona State University
Austyn and Kenzie Harris are both Colorado natives doing Kingdom work in Tempe, Arizona. Kenzie was a student athlete at the University of Northern Colorado when she first heard the gospel and started chasing after Jesus. With Ambassadors, Austyn and Kenzie give students–specifically student-athletes–and young adults the same opportunity that they were given as college students: to hear the gospel, accept Jesus and give Him authority over their lives, and be connected to a local church. Arizona State University is not only one of the most populated college campuses but also one of the most diverse. Through students and young adults coming to know Jesus at ASU, they can impact the Kingdom of God throughout the world.
Facts about Tempe, AZ
- Tempe, AZ population: 186,666
- Median age in Tempe: 28.9 years
- Students on campus at ASU in Tempe: 51,164
- Student-Athletes at ASU in Tempe: 650
- Number of hours (on average) D1 Student-Athletes devote to athletics and academics in a week: 60
- International Students at ASU in Tempe: 8,351
- Percent of college students with no religious affiliation: 31% (this percentage has tripled in the last 30 years)
- Pray that the Spirit of God would bring light to Arizona State University, a campus that’s known for spirits of darkness. Austyn and Kenzie are on campus having evangelistic conversations about faith and biblical worldview as well as leading bible studies on campus twice a week.
- Wisdom Feasts happen every Tuesday night from 7-9pm. It’s here where people gather (believers and non believers welcome) and feast on food and the wisdom of God. Austyn and Kenzie deeply love the college students and young adults in this group and want to shepherd them well, with Godly wisdom, during this transient season of their lives. Please pray for them as they lead.
- Pray for the students attending a weekly bible study on the minor prophets they are leading–that the students would encounter and hear from God in a section of the Bible that is often overlooked.
- Pray that Godly relationships form amongst the women in a Hebrews bible study Kenzie is leading–that these women wouldn’t feel alone trying to follow Jesus on a college campus.