Dr. Daniel Dyer
Samaritan’s Purse | Papua New Guinea
Dr. Daniel Dyer works as a family physician at Kudjip Nazarene Hospital in Papua New Guinea. Through medicine and prayer, he attempts to show God’s love and grace to a province of 350,000 people. His work in the hospital includes inpatient adult and pediatric medicine, outpatient clinic, emergency room and obstetric care for the local population.
Facts about Papua New Guinea
- Papua New Guinea is the world’s third largest island, located just north of Australia and is the most rural country in the world with 85% of the population living in rural areas.
- Over 800 indigenous languages are spoken in Papua New Guinea.
- The local hospital sees over 60,000 outpatients and performs 3,000 deliveries every year.
- There are 7 physicians for every 100,000 people, however most of these physicians live and work in the capital.
- Additional doctors and for teachers for our MK school.
- Peace amidst frequent tension between tribes.
- God’s sustaining grace and power to do His work.